If you have applied for a K1 visa in Thailand, the interview with at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok. The consular office will review the submitted documents and ask questions of the foreign national to determine the authenticity of their relationship with the U.S. citizen. It is important to be well prepared for the interview.
Here is some advice for the interview.
- Have all of the necessary forms and documents completed and ready for inspection by the consular.
- Make sure that there are certified copies of all of the original documents in the package.
- Bring a printed copy of your appointment confirmation and your passport valid for a minimum of six months.
- Only bring a small electronic phone with you. You will be required to leave your phone with the security guard.
- Backpacks, suitcases, large bags/handbags or other electronic devices will not be allowed in the building.
- No food or drinks allowed to be brought in. There is a coffee stand with snacks inside the embassy.
- The consular officer will tell you if your visa is approved.
- You have one year after approval of the K1 visa for the K2 visa to be approved.