What is a CR-1 visa?

What is a CR-1 visa

The CR-1 visa is the type of US visa issued in favor of spouses of US citizens and lawful permanent residents who are living outside the United States if they have been married for less than two years.

If you’re wondering how to get a CR1 visa in Thailand, read on. This derivative of the IR1 visa allows you and your Thai spouse to travel outside the United States and get a conditional green card. Here are the steps to take to make this dream come true. First, contact NVC and schedule a Bangkok interview. Then, make an appointment to undergo a medical examination, which can be done in Bangkok or Chiang Mai. Once the medical check is complete, you will schedule an interview with the US Embassy in Bangkok. The US Embassy will review your application and check to see if you and your Thai spouse are married. If all the steps are completed properly, your CR1 visa should be ready within five to seven business days.

CR1 visa is a derivative of IR1 visa

The CR1 visa is a derivative of the IR1 visa. Both visa types are designed for couples who are married in the US but reside in Thailand. They can live in Thailand for up to two years and then transition to a more permanent status under the IR1 visa. However, there are certain requirements for applying for a CR1 visa. Read on for more information on these visas.

In order to qualify for a CR1 visa in Thailand, the Thai spouse of a US citizen must meet certain requirements. This includes a lawful marriage and no history of duplicate offenses. The US sponsor must meet certain income requirements and be a joint sponsor for the marriage. It takes a few months for the whole process. However, if the Thai spouse meets the requirements, they can get a conditional green card.

CR1 visa allows your Thai spouse to travel outside the United States

A CR1 visa, also known as a Conditional Resident Visa, is for U.S. citizens who wish to sponsor a foreign national spouse. Once approved, the CR1 visa will make your Thai spouse a legal resident of the United States for up to two years. In order to get the status removed, you and your Thai spouse must apply for a lift of conditionality 90 days prior to the two-year anniversary of your marriage.

The CR1 Visa allows your Thai spouse to travel outside the United State for business or a honeymoon. As long as the Thai spouse returns home within six months, this type of visa allows them to work and travel freely. As long as they return home safely, they can maintain their status. This is one of the few ways to bring a Thai spouse to the U.S. without breaking the law.

CR1 visa allows you to have a conditional green card

A CR1 visa is a legal way for an American citizen to bring a Thai wife to the United States. This visa is conditional residency and grants you up to two years in the country. In order to qualify, you must meet certain requirements. If you are divorced from your Thai spouse or have an agreement for child custody, you may have some complications. In such cases, it is best to contact an immigration attorney in Thailand.

A CR1 visa allows a Thai spouse to enter the United States with a conditional green card. These cards are valid for two years and Thai spouses entering on a CR1 visa must apply to remove the conditions within 90 days of their expiry date. Failure to meet the deadline may result in the spouse being forced to leave the country. While a US citizen may have a conditional green card right away, a Thai spouse will have to wait even longer to get one.

Using a Thai consultant to get a CR1 visa

If you are interested in obtaining a CR1 visa in Thailand, you’ll need the assistance of a local immigration consultant. You will need someone who speaks Thai, as a lawyer from the US is unlikely to be able to provide the best advice in this regard. A Thai immigration consultant will handle all the application forms, translate Thai documents into English, arrange for police clearance and medical examinations, and prepare your Thai partner for the visa interview.

Obtaining a CR1 visa is relatively simple, but you will need to submit certain documents. First, you will need to provide a valid passport. The passport should have at least two blank pages. Next, you will need to submit two copies of relevant company documents, a letter of recommendation from the organization in Thailand, and any information regarding the duration of your voluntary work in Thailand. Once you’ve submitted the required documents, the Royal Thai Embassy will issue a nonimmigrant visa to you. The visa has a validity of three months, and you can stay in Thailand for up to 90 days.

How to get CR1 Visa in Thailand?

The application process for CR1 visa starts by the US citizen spouse filing an I-130 Petition for Alien Relative in the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). Once the I-130 is approved, the petition is forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC).

The NVC collects and processes immigrant visa applications for the Department of State. After the processing fee has been paid to the NVC, the petitioner will receive a request for further documentation. After collecting all of the required documents, the documents will be forwarded to the US Embassy in Thailand.

The U.S. Embassy in Bangkok will schedule a date for the consular interview. Based on the submitted documents and interview, the consular officer will make a decision on the approval of the CR1. If approved, the passport containing the visa can be picked up in a couple of days.

Upon entry into the United States, the alien will receive a two year Conditional Resident Status. Within ninety (90) days from the second anniversary of the entry of the spouse in the United States, the couple needs to apply together to remove the conditional status. Failure to remove the condition before the expiration of the visa will subject the holder to removal from the United States.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *